Mollie briefly explained
Mollie is one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech companies. We provide a simple and clear payment API, that enables webshops, platforms and app builders to implement various payment methods in one go.
Tinkering, disruption, and inclusivity are Mollie core values. In the first few years of existence, Mollie was a developer-only endeavour, and 14 years later devs and techs still comprise roughly 35% of all staff. As a natural consequence, a lot of things that enterprise businesses or pretend-to-be-start-ups are trying too hard to mimic, come quite natural to Mollie.
As a Mollie copywriter, you will write clear, persuasive and appealing text for all of our channels. Being part of our Marketing team, you will be able to create versatile content from a brief, and will be responsible for all of the internal and external communication. In this role, you will have the creative freedom to create compelling content while partnering with different departments like support, sales and development.
What will you do
- Create compelling content for different departments and from varying angles, including: SEO-pages, helpdesk articles, press releases, push notifications, website copy;
- Devise, write, and publish content that provides our target audiences with meaningful information;
- Write social media copy that engages audiences and increases click-through rates;
- Help improve Customers Self Service by creating a a great knowledge base;
- Proofread and edit internal and external documents for spelling, grammar, tone, and style;
- Come up with, write and translate UI/UX copy for our products;
- Translate short and long copy to and from Dutch and/or English to reflect style and tone of original texts.
Desired skills and experience
- Proven experience or a background in copywriting 3+ years;
- Relevant educational background (journalism, language, writing);
- Native Dutch speaker, excellent understanding of English;
- Exceptional creative storyteller, communicator, editor, with an understanding of AP style and SEO;
- Strong strategic thinker who can craft a great compelling story;
- Comfortable with sourcing, managing content, and publishing;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-starter, attention to detail, ability to work confidently and independently and take responsibility for your projects;
- Fast-working and not afraid of functioning within a high-paced tech environment;
- Portfolio is a plus;
- Working experience within the E-commerce is a plus.
What we offer you
- Excellent employment terms, including competitive salary;
- A position in a unique, young and fast growing fintech company;
- Autonomy to develop solutions and implement them;
- Freedom and flexibility;
- A stimulating and inspiring environment.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.