Mollie briefly explained
Mollie is one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech companies. We provide a simple and robust payment API, that enables webshop and app builders to implement fifteen different payment methods in one go.
Tinkering, disruption, and inclusivity are Mollie core values. In the first few years of existence, Mollie was a developer-only endeavour, and 14 years later devs and techs still comprise roughly 40% of all staff. As a natural consequence, a lot of things that enterprise businesses or pretend-to-be startups are trying hard to mimic, come quite natural to Mollie.
Obviously you get to pick whatever tools you will use to get the job done. MacBooks, absurdly large or many screens, top-notch noise-cancelling headphones and whatever other equipment makes your literary boat float. We go to great lengths to create a space that allows you to focus on the things that will make you happy: writing great copy for the products you helped dream up and build.
We don’t have nine-to-five mentality, but we will give you problems and trust that you will create outstanding solutions. You'll spend 7,5 hours working and get free lunch every day. We believe in sane working hours and long-term solutions, instead of 60-hour work weeks with temporary workarounds.
Things you'll be doing
- Create compelling content, 70% in Dutch and 30% in English, native Dutch is mandatory;
- Devise, write, and publish content that provides our target audience with meaningful information;
- Write social media copy that engages audiences and increases click-through rates;
- Write SEO-pages, helpdesk articles, press releases, push notifications, et cetera;
- Proofread and edit internal and external documents for spelling, grammar, tone, and style;
- Translate short and long copy to and from Dutch and/or English to reflect style and tone of original texts;
- Come up with, write, translate UI/UX copy for our products.
Desired skills and experience
- Exceptional storyteller, communicator, editor, with an understanding of AP style and SEO;
- Excellent understanding of Dutch and English;
- Strong strategic thinker who can craft a great compelling story;
- Comfortable with sourcing, managing content, and publishing;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-starter, attention to detail, ability to focus on details that matter so writing is clear and simple.
- Not a requirement but please provide us details of your portfolio.
What we offer you
- Excellent employment terms, including competitive salary;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- A position in a unique, young and fast growing fintech company;
- Autonomy to develop solutions and implement them;
- Best possible tech setup that you need to do your job;
- Freedom and flexibility;
- Daily fresh lunches;
- Friday afternoon drinks.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.