For our Onboarding team we are looking for an Underwriter & Risk Specialist. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team. We’re specialized in online payments, and we’re looking for a specialist with experience and knowledge of creating international boarding and risk processes. We’re proud of our acceptance process for our new customers and this position is key for creating new and redesigning current standards and processes within our current team.
To succeed in this role you take ownership, are not afraid to make decisions and take a structural approach to challenges. You are able to translate company policies in (customer) processes and actively working on continuous improvements.
Who are we?
Mollie thrives on innovation. When we started we spearheaded the payments industry by introducing clever payment products which were easier, cheaper, and more flexible than what the rigid, cumbersome banks could do. Now, more than a decade later, Mollie is still building innovative products and working hard to make payments better.
We couldn’t do this without our excellent team. We have a clear focus on building a team of young and inquisitive minds. All of them share a natural urge to work with exciting, new technologies and products. And we make sure that they get the opportunity to work with them to optimise workflows, work at the forefront of technology and, ultimately, build the future of payments.
- Gather information and review new merchant applications through various channels;
- Perform risk assessments based on financial and non-financial information;
- Design, monitor and improve onboarding processes and procedures for international merchants;
- Continuously improve processes for detecting fraud, money laundering and terrorism financing;
- Work closely with Development department for the technical designs and solutions.
- Work closely together with Compliance department to make sure our operational processes are in line with the company guidelines and (international) laws;
- Understand the (international) customer impact of all onboarding and risk processes;
- Always ensure that the Customer Experience is on top of mind.
Desired skills and experience
- Extremely detail oriented and organized;
- High working pace and ability to set priorities;
- Ability to thrive in start-up environment;
- Experienced in international onboarding, underwriting or compliance roles;
- Experience with designing processes and continuous improvement projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of AML, KYC and PCI;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Dutch and English, any other language skills are an added value.
What do we offer?
- Excellent employment terms, including competitive salary;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- A position in a unique, young and fast growing fintech company;
- Working in the city center of Amsterdam (9 straatjes)
- Freedom and flexibility;
- Daily fresh lunches;
- Friday afternoon drinks.
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our internal Recruiter Arye Kirzner - Arye@mollie.com.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.